Bleach is an excellent chemical product which can remove stains, and you can use it to clean your shower head.
There are many ways you can clean a shower head, but if you have a rusty shower head, it is better to use bleach. If you maintain some necessary safety measures, there is no harm in using bleach.
If you want to know more about how to clean a shower head with bleach, then keep reading. If you clean your shower head and take proper care of it, you won’t have to change a shower head so frequently. So, it will save you time and money.
Here are the guidelines on how to clean a shower head with bleach. Do you know the way to clean the showerhead? Solve this issue with easy steps.
Why is it Important to Clean a Shower Head?
Most people shower every day. After being used for a couple of years, a regular shower head can get rusty or mold, and bacteria can grow in it. So, if you can afford the best high pressure shower head, buy it.
Good quality shower heads have a self- cleaning system. If you cannot afford a high- quality shower head, you will have to clean your shower head manually. If you don’t clean your shower head, the water can get contaminated, and you can get skin problems.
You should clean your shower heads 3-4 times a year. A dirty shower head can cause many health problems. This is why it is essential to clean your shower head.
Read more: Top Rated Tubing Bender for Roll Cage, Click here
How to Clean a Shower Head with Bleach?
A dirty shower head is not appealing to most, but cleaning is not very fun. If you use bleach to clean your shower head, you won’t scrub so much. Bleach is an oxidizing agent. It will not only clean stains but also kill harmful microbes.
- The first step is to clear everything from your shower. Shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc. after you have removed everything, it will be easy to clean your shower head.
- The fume from the bleach can be harmful to your health. So, open the bathroom window for ventilation. If you don’t have a window in your bathroom keep the door open.
- Now you can use bleach in many ways. You can take a spray bottle and mix bleach and equal part water. Then spray the mixture on your shower head and scrub. Another method is to take a bucket and mix equal parts of water and bleach in it. Then soak your shower head in the mixture for a couple of hours.
- If your shower head is too dirty, then you can take a plastic bag and pour bleach in it and then attach it over the shower head and leave it overnight. Depending on your shower head you can use whichever method you like.
- After soaking or spraying your shower head with bleach, rinse it thoroughly with water to get rid of any residue.
- Always wear gloves while working with bleach.
Taking Care of Your Shower Head
It is not enough to clean your shower head once in a while. To ensure longevity, you must learn to take care of your shower head properly. Research shows that about one-third of showerheads contain some bacteria associated with pulmonary disease.
This is terrible news. Not only that but also shower heads have a high chance of getting moldy and rusty due to always being in contact with water. So, you have to clean them quite frequently.
You can deep clean your shower head two or three times a year with bleach, but you should clean them with vinegar or natural cleaning products at least once a month. If you don’t like cleaning and you have the means to afford it, then you should get a self- cleaning showerhead.
People who have skin problems are advised to change their showerheads after a certain amount of time. But this is costly and time- consuming. So, you should learn to clean your shower head instead of changing them.
More guide & reviews: cutting torch kit, learn details
- Bleach is an oxidizing agent so when it comes in contact with colorful fabric, hair, etc. it can damage the color of it. So be careful while using bleach to clean your shower head. If it comes in contact with your skin immediately rinse it with water. Always wear gloves while using bleach.
- Bleach can also react badly when it comes in contact with other chemicals, especially ammonia. When bleach and ammonia come in contact, their reaction forms chlorine gas which can cause cellular damage if it is inhaled through the nose. So, always wear a mask when using bleach to clean.
- Bleaching powder is powerful enough to kill any microbes. So, their fumes can also be harmful to your lungs.
- After cleaning your shower head with bleaching powder, rinse it with water so that there is no residue left.
- You must clean your shower head at least three to four times a year. Since a shower head is always wet, it is the perfect place for molds to grow. If you continue to use a dirty shower head, you will have skin conditions. So, save yourself the trouble and clean your shower head.
A lot of people don’t like cleaning, but if we want to live a happy, healthy life, we must keep our environment clean. Most of us shower every day. Taking a shower is easier and quicker than taking a bath.
But taking a shower won’t keep us clean if our shower head is dirty. A shower head can be the breeding ground for many harmful bacteria and microbes. To get rid of them you have to clean your shower head thoroughly.
Bleach is a great chemical agent to clean your shower head. It not only kills harmful bacteria and microbes but also cleans stains. Since bleach is a synthetic product, you will have to handle it carefully. If you take enough safety measures, you can clean your shower head with bleach without any accidents.
You Might Also Like:
- Finding the Best Impact Socket Set
- What is the Easiest Way to Remove Floor Tiles
- Ten Essential Tools for Garage
About This Writer
Hi, I am Eric Devin and I am a professional interior architect. Since childhood, I've always enjoyed DIY projects! And, I have loved to solve simple household problems using essential tools and equipment. I have also acquired a lot of information about basic household tools settings by working with contractors.