The appearance of the electric scooters was a new phenomenon even a few years back but it has been an alternative private transport now. Electric scooters are lightweight, compact, portable, and foldable. Moreover, it’s a cheaper motorized alternative to the car and faster replacement for the manual bicycle.
It has taken over the car because you can commute through even the densely-packed city streets with a scooter as your transporting vehicle. Moreover, this is eco-friendly and less expensive in terms of maintenance and purchase.
These are the main reasons electric scooters have been the most chosen short distance commuting vehicles. Due to the aforesaid conveniences this newer transport brings, myriads of products have flooded the market to put you into the toughest perplex. Therefore, it is advisable to go slow and take considerable time to ensure the right deal.
To make a smart purchase, you have to consider the crucial factors that will have a lasting impact on your computing experience. And the said factors include the updated and effective style, battery life, the running speed and range, and the safety measures followed.
So far the safety features of an electric scooter involved, they range the light to guide while driving under no sunlight, premium quality tires, and hand brakes. There are several advanced features introduced by the big brands.
We have made your selection process water easy by conducting the research ourselves to save you time. We have narrowed down to 10 electric scooters from thousands in the market and these selections feature efficiency, durability, and time-befitting styles. These are the scooters you can cut through busy city streets and tackle rough terrain backed by the cost-effectiveness.
Factors to Check and Recheck Prior to Choosing
Electric Scooter or battery-run scooter is not limited to a trend now rather it has been an established mode of private transport. But several factors deserve to be scrutinized before making the ultimate purchase to avoid any inconvenience. Let’s just go brief about the crucial buying factors of an electric scooter. Here you go:
You must check the weight capacity of the intended scooter as there are scooters both for children and adults. Better to ask the salesman about the actual capacity of the commuting vehicle to buy.
Materials an e-scooter is made of are important for durability. Most big brands opt for aerospace grade aluminum for the e-scooter frame. This material can withstand the abuse of the road and run.
Speed is a critical consideration for an electric scooter for commuting. If it is for a kid, you should go with the medium speed one and higher speed will suit only the adult. But nowadays, several brands come with custom speed control to let kids and adults commute with the same scooter.
Motor and Battery
If you want higher speed, you should opt for a high wattage motor and a high capacity battery for longer range or run time. These two factors will define the cost of the scooter.
Advanced features refer to the factors that are not related to speed, runtime, durability, or weight capacity. Some scooters introduce app compatibility, phone mount, and storage compartment. These are the advanced features that obviously increase the comfort level of commuting. They come with an added price too.
View Top 10 Electric Scooters for Commuting, Below-
1. Hiboy S2 Pro Electric Scooter Lightweight Electric Scooter for Adults
- 25 miles long-range and 19 mph top speed;
- 10-inch solid tires and aluminum frame;
- Powerful 500W motor;
- Double braking system;
- Three brilliant light systems;
- Portable folding design;
- Customized cruise and speed control;
- Hiboy S2 app.
Hiboy S2 Pro has already won our hearts to win the strongest recommendation as to the best electric scooter for commuting. Before exploring the answer to this claim, we ask ourselves what we look for in a motorized scooter most.
Maximum speed, longer run time or battery support, powerful motor, durable frame made of premium materials, safety features properly in place, shorter recharge time, and brand-exclusive styles and designs will come as the clear answer. Hiboy S2 Pro features all those factors you want in a single option.
This is an utterly practical and easy-to-operate private transport tool affordable at an incredibly moderate price for the above-the-basic features. A rapid highlight of the root features will establish the purpose of this electric scooter brand clearly and that is to eliminate boredom while commuting.
So, these will just feel like a breeze and it can accompany you both in a downhill rush and cruise around town. The twist-grip accelerator and brake have made it a must recommend for commuting.
2. Gotrax XR Elite Commuting Electric Scooter
- UL certified adult electric commuter scooter
- Easily view the current speed and battery life on the LED display;
- Disc braking and anti-lock braking dual system;
- Aluminum material can enhance stability;
- It is the most powerful scooter;
- Front and rear 8.5″ air-filled tires are comfortable to ride on;
- It is a perfect commuting scooter.
The battery pack is one of the most notable reasons for adults looking for a mechanical scooter. With 18.6 miles of riding isolation, it’s a blessing for most suburbs to take shots. This is a lot of time to charge the scooter at work and ride the entire battery home without pulling it off, with less charge for 1-2 hours!
The XR has a maximum speed of 18.6 miles per hour, making it probably the fastest scooter in our audit range. Be confident in knitting through traffic, and feel confident, as XR’s powerful baseboard and rear bumper have been added to the Form 2 model.
One of the ingredients that a ton of manufacturers need is to turn off the power. When you need to think fast, it has conquered this by creating a hand-worked electric/circle brake half variant with more commands on your journey.
3. Segway Ninebot ES4 Folding Electric Kick Scooter
- It is sheltered and comfortable riding Scooter;
- The mechanical and electrical non-freezing stopping mechanism guarantees braking wellbeing;
- With an additional Lithium-Ion battery and updated engine,
- ES4 brags up to 800W power Scooter;
- The ES4 can take you pretty much anyplace you need to go;
- Including a one-contact collapsing framework;
- The ES4 can be immediately crumpled for advantageous stockpiling at home, in the workplace, or in the storage compartment;
- With a LED presentation, Bluetooth capacities, journey control;
- The ES4 joins execution with extravagance.
.On the off chance that you are a fan of smooth, current style items, you are going to adore the tires from the Segway Ninebot ES4 to the general edge, everything about this ride is noticeable.
Offering a double battery structure by boasting a ground-breaking 800 watts lithium-particle battery, it guarantees you to be motionless and to recover more than 20 miles without any stress.
With an overall weight of just 30.9 pounds and a special one-contact collapse folding, the ES4 can break in just a few seconds. You can undoubtedly put it under your vehicle, store it at work or at home and appreciate the ride any place you go.
In the case of the unique person you are looking for, it is a fitting fit for some people to throw socks at the entertainment center. At that time, the Segway Ninebot ES4 electric scooter should be your decision.
Features don’t end here – it’s unique with an LED showcase, Bluetooth availability, adjustable enclosing hooks, voice control, and versatile application network.
4. Razor E200 Electric Scooter for Commuters
- A great commuter transport for people at 13 and more;
- 40 minutes of runtime and 12 mph speed;
- Full-size deck board;
- A sturdy steel frame and fork;
- 8-inch pneumatic tires for smooth rolling and resists going flat;
- Twist grip brake and throttle included;
- Lengthier recharge time of 12 hours;
- Motor not that noisy;
- Retractable kickstand;
- Two 12V batteries with charger included.
The latest technology, high-quality materials, and powerful motors are just the combination Razor stands for. The engineering, design, and style are intended for commuters starting from 13. And you can travel on urban streets for up to 40 minutes at one charge.
That means covering a short distance, that actually is commuting, is now super easy at a speed of 12 mph. The steel frame is the statement of utmost durability and can bear with the frequent commuting.
The only downside is the lengthier recharge time but that is not a deal breaker as you can recharge at night. Above all the excellent riding experience is just fabulous against the price and so is a wise recommendation for urban commuters.
5. Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Motorized Scooter
- High performance combined with highly developed fashion sense;
- A pair of stylish wheels creates a stir in the neighborhood;
- Built-in high torque electric motor;
- 15 mph speed and 10 miles of range;
- Manual rear brake and twist-grip accelerator control;
- Extra-large 12-inch tires;
- Storage room beneath the seat;
- 150 lbs of load capacity;
- Fit for kids around 12.
Let’s start with the extra-large tires that will make commuters the most stable of all. And kids are badly in need of that stability. Therefore, Razor Pocket Mod is an electric scooter intended for kids commuting.
But they can speed past the adult at a speed rate of 15 mph. The larger wheel does not let them down at the higher pace. You can run up to 10 miles at a single charge that will suffice for a kid around 12. He can store many things inside the storage under the seat. Needless to justify that this Razor motor scooter is absolutely a superb suggestion for commuting as it has bagged awards from TIME, U.S. News & World Report.
6. Swagtron SG-5 Commuter Electric Scooter
- 300W motor with 3-speed modes;
- 8.5-inch wheels, Airless honeycomb tires;
- Quick 3-step folding Aircraft-grade aluminum frame;
- User-activated cruise control;
- 11-mile max. travel range;
- 18 mph max. speed (throttle only);
- Rear disc brakes with AutoGuard;
- Integrated LED display.
This is absolutely a next-generation electric scooter with iOS and Android app compatibility. With the app opened on your phone, you can now easily track location, speed, battery life, gear position, and more. It will just be a high-tech LED display thanks to the phone mount that keeps the phone in front of you and you can keep updated on the go.
All the other features are very much on par with the industry level. Further mentionable is the high speed of 18mph, short recharge time of 3.5 hours, and All-star customer service.
7. Hurtle HURES18-M5 Folding Electric Scooter for Adults
- Charging time takes 4-6 hours;
- Can support weight up to 264 lbs;
- 300W brushless motor foldable commuter scooter;
- Also features an ultra-bright LED front light;
- 19 mph running speed and 18 miles max range;
- A maximum range of 12-18 miles depending on the load.
Hurtle HURES18-M5 presents some excellent numbers that witness the fact that it can well answer your commuting needs. The long-range battery range is backed by a 300-watt power motor. You can speed up to 18 miles per hour and the non-slip tires will ensure your stability. In dense traffic, if you are unable to cut through, you can carry it along easily with a minimal e-scooter weight of 264 lbs.
The headlight can illuminate a six-meter running track while driving in the dark. The lightweight may confuse you but the height will ensure that it is an electric scooter for adults. And the design freak teenagers can opt for Hurtle for its compact and conscious style. This is an all-around recommendation for ruling the urban streets.
8. Gotrax GXL V2 Commuting Electric Scooter
- Powers the GXL V2 up to 15.5mph and can handle up to 220lbs;
- Durable carbon fiber material;
- The GXL V2 can travel up to 12 miles per charge;
- Using a 36V5.2AH Extended Range lithium Ion Battery;
- High-torque and advanced motor technology;
- Speed of 15.5mph and can handle up to 220lbs;
- Brake style: EABS + Disc Braking;
- Reinforced frame support riders up to 220 lbs.
The stand-out features are the Aluminum frame, custom speed control, longest battery range, and BMS battery protection technology. The Aluminum frame durable material that cut down the scooter weight to a significant low without compromising the durability and sturdiness. So the most lightweight and the thinnest deck can carry up to 330 lbs of load.
The motor is backed by advanced technology to provide high torque that gives 15.5 mph of speed. The front light and LCD display are not only a design statement rather they have contributed to the riding comfort and performance. The custom speed maneuverability will check them over and unnecessary use of the battery and BMS technology will extend battery life by protecting it from overcharging and disturbance.
9. Yume D5 Electric Scooter for Adult Dual Motor
- 265lbs Max Load Weight;
- Travel up to 40 miles & recharges fully in as little as 6-8 hours;
- 220 lbs of load capacity;
- 52V 23.4AH lithium battery without pollution;
- LED front light ensures you can be seen at night;
- Deliver scooter in 1-2 weeks or faster;
- Designed as height-adjustable.
LCD display, Bluetooth speakers, and onboard charger included.
This is a perfect motor scooter for commuting with a powerful motor and high capacity battery. The battery range and scooter speed is a dream-come-true commuting facility.
And the sturdy weight ensures that you will not slip or collapse while running at the max given speed. 265 pounds of hauling ability is a perfectly adult transportability and the additional design and features will draw the young commuters too.
Bluetooth speakers are added to go musically on the run and you can check the speed, battery life, and range on the LCD mini screen.
You are backed by the onboard charger to recharge at your workplace if need be. Both the front and rear light ensures visibility and safety are further added by the non-slip tubeless tires.
But all these benefits will come in exchange for a high price but the convenience and high-quality parts have made up for the money. You can go for it as a one-time investment and obviously for a long.
10. Razor EcoFriendly Electric Scooter for Metropolitan
- EcoSmart metro technology – bamboo deck and emission-free vehicle;
- Electric sit-down and powder-finish frame;
- High wattage motor 500W and high volt battery-36V;
- Runtime 40 minutes and run range 10 miles;
- High speed up to 18 mph and massive weight of 67 pounds;
- High torque backed by powerful motor;
- Custom control speed and throttle;
- Thickly-padded cushy seat and removable storage compartment;
- Variable handlebar rake;
- Supported by standard brake system and 16-inches size spoke wheels.
The earth-friendly electric scooter that emits no harmful particles or fumes. The bamboo deck is flat enough to act as the sitting ground. EcoSmart comes with a custom control speed system and it is able to give the max speed and runtime backed by the powerful battery and motor.
This is an electric scooter intended for the metro area that is evident from the emission-free technology and rakes both in rear and front bar. The tires are identical to the ones a bi-cycle has – pneumatic tube tires with spoke wheels.
Razor EcoSmart features some excellent numbers in terms of speed, battery life, range, and weight. The sturdy weight and powder coated frame give the needed durability and strength to bear with the metro abuse. And unlike the three expensive scooters reviewed above, it is affordable at a moderate price.
What Are the Safety Features of an Electric Scooter?
The crucial safety features are – the headlights, premium quality tires, and the effective brakes.
Is Low Runtime a Hassle?
Low battery life is a hassle as is the high recharge span. An electric scooter with a low runtime will better suit a toy scooter for the babies, not one meant for commuting.
What Are the Special Features?
Special features of an electric scooter include speed limiter for the one intended for kids, special panel to see battery life, specialized or tubeless wheels, and quick foldability.
You are reading the concluding part of the review article means that you have already gone through the aforesaid sections. So it is pretty clear to you that you can buy the best electric scooter for commuting at medium and higher budget.
The ones at a high budget will equip you with some wow features inspiring the awe of other commuters and certainly raise your riding comfort. Whereas the one at a low budget will give you the basic features along with durability and comfort.
You Might Also Like:
About This Writer
Guys, I am Camila Avery and I love to help my mom to do indoor & outdoor activities. As a lady, I have passed my time on gardening, home improvement, and personal or self-care. I have acquired some degrees in outdoor recreation, beauty, and hair care. It is not easy to work with top-level professional beauty experts. But, I got that opportunity and experimented with different hair extensions, hair colors, and cuts.