Axe is an age-old tool used until the beginning of the 19th century. It has always been proven one of the best tools for cutting and chopping firewood and logs. It has multipurpose usage.
Nowadays, most ranchers work with the latest technology tools. Though the axe is an ancient tool, it does not affect its appeal. It can easily challenge today’s chainsaws and other tools.
In this article, you’ll get to know about various throwing axes with all the pros and cons. If you think of purchasing a new one, then read the article from top to bottom for a better guidelines.
What is the Trick to Axe Throwing?
Firstly, visualize your target. When it passes your legs, bring it up quickly. When the axe is on the up, Release the axe.
How Long Should A Throwing Axe Be?
It may have a wooden handle, weighs 1.5 pounds, and measures 14 inches. Usually, it starts from an average distance.
Is Axe Throwing A Good Exercise?
It is actually great exercise. Axe-throwing builds up your shoulder, muscle, and core. You are also working on hamstrings and calving as well.
Would You Be Able to Involve Any Axe for Throwing?
No, you should just throw tomahawks made explicitly for throwing.
Throwing axes are explicitly intended to be thrown, and you ought to never throw an ordinary parting hatchet or axe. Ordinary tomahawks and axes are heavier than throwing tomahawks and can be exceptionally hazardous and eccentric assuming they are thrown.
What Sort of Hatchet Is Utilized for Axe Throwing?
Uniquely made and planned axes, tomahawks, and hatchets are utilized for hatchet throwing.
Throwing Axes Vs Tomahawks Vs Hatchets
Although they may be quite comparable in appearance, there are several important differences between a throwing tomahawk, a throwing axe, and a throwing hatchet.
These axes are more modest than the regular axe that you would use in the forest and are for the most part simple to throw. Due to their handleability, throwing axes are extraordinary for amateurs.
It comes from the hatchets that have been conveyed by native people groups for millennia.
Hatchets are lighter and slimmer than axes and make for an intriguing expansion to cut out throwing rivalries.
Throwing tomahawks is, obviously, the situation in this game.
The terms are frequently utilized to some degree reciprocally in this game. Unexpectedly, these are in fact the most famous type of hatchet utilized for hatchet throwing.
Things You Should Consider Before Select
Usually, throwing axes have a lot of uses. You have to decide how you are going to use it. Mountaineers, adventurers, trackers, everyone should have at least one throwing axe. It is used in military-related service. So, it is your decision how you are going to work with it.
It can be a single head, double head, or spiked head. There are a few other types. There can be large cutting tools on one side and precision tools on the other.
A single-head tool can have all the power together. Whereas, double-head tomahawks have some spikes on them. Two blades have double the chance of throwing content.
See also: 7 Best Backpacking Hatchets You Can Buy
A longer cutting edge has a larger and heavier axe head. It will make splitting wood and chopping wood easier. It can be a better option than a large big-fat axe.
Narrower cutting edges can piece deeper with each strike and with less resistance.
Manufacturers are continuously trying to make a lighter handle. A handle should be somewhat about 20 to 50 cm. A smaller handle leads to more effective usage.
View Selected Top 8 Throwing Axes Analysis, Below
1. Throwing Axe from Thrower Supply
- Dimensions: 19×1.5×6.5 inches;
- Shipping weight: 1.6 pounds;
- Premier quality metal;
- 19 inches long hatchet;
- A grade American hickory hardwood handle;
- Blade edges: 3.75 inches;
- Friction fit system;
- Spare handles can be added.
Throwing Axe is an unbeatable control, and an expert blacksmith makes long-lasting, durable axes. Then the blade is attached with an American hickory wooden sturdy handle.
It is a very-weight axe with a perfect blade edge. The use of a friction fit system to fix the axe head and handle safely. This means the axe head may fasten from the handle. It can be reinstalled easily following instructions.
While using this axe, proper precaution should be maintained to avoid mild to severe injury.
- Well-balanced axe;
- More Precise;
- Highly Durable;
- Quality ensured;
- The segregation of the head is possible from the handle when required;
- No assembly is needed.
- Spare handles are required to add if you need them.
2. GEDORE OX 18 H-1206 Throwing Axe
- Brand name: Gedore;
- Weight: 0.10 ounces;
- The axe head is nicely forged;
- High-quality strong hickory handle;
- Special wood treatment;
- 3x wedging of the handle used;
- Premium quality leather blade protection;
- Weight of head: 1200g or 2.6 pounds;
- The length of the Blade: 150 mm or 5.9 inches;
- The length of the handle: is 750 mm or 29.5 inches;
- Axe weight: 2000 g or 4.4 pounds;
- Dimension of axe: 10.6 x 4.7 x 4.7 inches.
It is a good balance axe and exactly made for attending a competition. The head is forged and perfectly polished for better performance. Stainless steel is used for a good quality axe.
A quality-full hickory handle is attached to the head, making them the more durable axe. The 3x wedging form provides a long-lasting handle to ensure the security of use.
A perfect leather sheath for the heavy sharpened blade is used. It makes it easier and safer to carry off an axe. A special wood treatment provides a good-looking axe.
- Perfectly balanced;
- Designed for demands;
- Easy to use;
- Very attractive appearance;
- Safe for use;
- Blade protection is used.
- Little expensive.
3. SOG Tomahawk Pack of 3 Throwing Axe Set
- Manufacturer: SOG;
- Item weight: 1.8 pounds;
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.65 x 10.75 inches;
- Size: 9 x 1.5 x 12.5 inches;
- Synthetic material is used;
- Power source: Both AC and DC;
- 2 inches long blade;
- The Blade edge is straight;
- 1.75-inch complete tang tactical hatchet blade;
- 10.75-inch total tank construction.
The tomahawk axe is different from flimsy axes, but it is built as a sharp, long-lasting, and outdoor axe set. The axe is designed by making it well-balanced for freshers with a comfortable grip. This is 8.4 oz. throwing axes have detachable handles with cord wrapping for a suitable grip.
Ballistic nylon is used for a 3-pocket throwing hatchet sheath to secure each tomahawk throwing axe placed within the sheath with Velcro straps.
- Not dangerous like flimsy axes;
- Long-lasting axe;
- Very Sharp;
- Perfectly balanced;
- Easy for beginners;
- Superior grip;
- Don’t need batteries;
- Convenient sheath;
- More Secured;
- Easy to replace and repair.
- Warranty for a limited time.
4. Smith & Wesson 8in Throwing Knives and 10in Axes Combo
- It is a set of 3 stainless steel axe;
- 10 inches (25.4 cm) is the overall length of the axe;
- Individual and combined weight is 0.5 pounds and 2 pounds;
- The knives length is 8 inches (20.3 cm) length;
- The Single weight is 4.1 ounces, and the total weight is 12.3.
- The axe has three sharpened edges;
- The sheath material is nylon;
- Power source: Both AC and DC;
- A complete tang Stainless Steel designed blade;
- Dimension of axe: 1 x 2.2 x 1 inches;
- Total weight: 2.2 pounds.
It is a well-balanced design axe and knife combo set and the axes feature three sharpened edges for flat throwing. It is a perfect throwing axe for both beginners and skilled persons.
They are built as lightweight and convenient to carry. A nylon sheath is used for security and a good arrangement of knives and axes, while storage and transportation are required.
It is often used for the opening of a bottle during an event.
- Super performance;
- Great quality;
- Ideal combo set;
- Simple for amateurs;
- Secure for use and to carry;
- Durable design.
- The lifetime warranty is within the limit.
5. SZCO Throwing Tomahawk Axe
- 12.5 Inches is the overall length;
- Carbon-containing steel blade;
- The wood used handle;
- Total weight: 1.8 pounds.
The SZCO supplies throwing will be a perfect option to win the competition. It is designed as a very light, sharp, and super-throwing axe. The head consists of high carbon-containing steel for making a more durable and high-performing axe. This head is hand forged by a skilled blacksmith.
Wood-made handles provide a long grip for easy and fast throwing. The handle is suitable to hold all.
- Little weight;
- Fast throwing;
- Great quality;
- Easy to use;
- Sharpened blade.
- Not suitable for heavy work.
6. MTECH 8.75″ Tomahawk Tactical Throwing Axe
- The 8.75″ inches size of axe;
- Dimension of head: 8.75 x 7 x 1 inch;
- 3.5m Black Stainless Steel Blade;
- Cord Wrapped Handle;
- Weight: 3.53 Ounces;
- A black nylon belt sheath protecting cover.
The axe is super flexible for new users. It is built of stainless steel full of tang. To ease the use of this axe, the long handle is made by using forged 440 stainless steel. This handle is the perfect size for a comfortable grip.
This sharp axe is an ideal throwing axe, a well-balanced tool, and has a great ability to penetrate the target. The nylon-made sheath facilitates safe and easy transportation. This nylon cover gives the durability of throwing axes.
- High throwing ability;
- Not overweight;
- Super sharpened;
- Ideal for beginners;
- Secure for users;
- Long-lasting axe.
- A wooden handle may crack;
7. Estwing Special Edition Fireside Friend Axe
- Weight: 7 ounces;
- Dimensions: 14.25 x 5.83 x 1.5 inches;
- Style: Wood Splitting Maul;
- Material: Forged Steel;
- Handle type: Genuine Leather Grip;
- Ballistic nylon-made sheath.
These are 14.25″ long, and Wood Splitting Mauls are made to work fast and smooth. It has a razor-sharpened blade.
The axe is super lightweight, but the hatchet is an excellent save tool. The axe has a non-reflective matte black finish color blade polish for more durability.
It has a tempered 2-3/8″ leading edge for precise cutting—a requirement for all campers and outdoorsmen alike. Estwing Axes are proudly forged within the USA using the best American steel.
For secure storage and carrying a ballistic nylon sheath is used.
- Sharpened blade;
- Highly durable;
- Wood chopping axe;
- Super camping axe;
- Great survival tool;
- Excellent outdoor tool;
- Can be slung from the belt easily;
- No noticeable cons.
8. 10″ Tactical Survival Combat Throwing Axe
- 3″ Cutting Blade;
- 440 Stainless Steel Blade
- Paracord Wrapped Handle
- Nylon Sheath with Belt Loop
- Dimensions of axe: 4.75″ X 2.5″ inches
- 10″ inches long axe;
Tactical survival axes are versatile tools that are used for multiple outdoor tasks. It is the best tool used for self-defense and also for house chores. A sharpened stainless steel blade is used for making a high-quality throwing axe.
The ergonomic handle uses more carbon-contained steel with a paracord wrap. This wrapped handle provides a long grip for extra comfort and handling.
This axe provides a perfect center of balance for increased swing and good working conditions.
It can be considered a pocket knife and is ideal for chopping wood and an enjoyable adventure.
- Very less weight;
- Perfect for both inside and outside purposes;
- Good self-defense;
- More Durable;
- Comfortable in carrying.
- Not like a traditional axe.
Throwing axes to some extent is not that modern, but it has been proven as an essential and effective way for chopping and splitting.
It is a source of good exercise as well. So read the article, rush to the shop, grab your throwing axe, and use it the way you like.
You Might Also Like:
About This Writer
Hello, I am David Rowan. I am a professional contractor with 10 years of experience in home building, different tools used, construction, home remodeling, and other home improvement work. I have already built many custom homes and continued to do several woodworking projects along with how to deal with all categories of tools.