For simple jobs, electric chainsaws are used. But gas-powered chainsaws deliver some extra advantages. The gas-powered small chainsaws come with bar lengths so that you can use the power as you like. Like corded electric chainsaws, you don’t need to confine yourself in a small area.
Mostly, this is a great tool where you don’t have enough electricity supply. You don’t need to worry about being corded or cordless. Besides, you can forget about the electricity bills!
So go through the article and choose your favorite tool to work in your lawn. This article will guide you to find your required one.
Consider Before Choosing a Gas-Powered Chainsaw of Smaller Size
Anti-vibration is an important feature. Using a saw reduces fatigue. It is helpful for the bulk of work.
Spring-assist starting helps a smooth start-up usually with a gas-powered saw. An automatic oil lubricator is important to lubricant the chain in order to deliver efficient work.
A chain brake is required to stop the chain from abrupt movement. It can be automatic or even manual.
A gas-power chainsaw is not fully qualified if it cannot deliver a smoother cut. Up to what measurement it can cut through a log or branch is also a matter of concern
It does not matter how strong and powerful your gas-powered chainsaw is, you would not purchase it if there are no safety measures.
So, a cover for jaws is a necessity. Side by side, leg protection, Strong hat protection, gloves, eye protection, and overall boots are important to save yourself from any sort of dismay.
These tool guide bars are accessible in a variety of lengths, moving from anywhere between 4 ″ and 60. Nevertheless, we will preserve the small chainsaws and the small chainsaws that skilled loggers use to zero in on chainsaws made for personal or light business applications.
Most minimized private chainsaws have guide bars ranging from 10 to 14-inches. These are ideal for small to fair-sized personal or business projects, such as trimming, handling, limbing, or clewing kindling. Still, if you want to drop a typically huge tree and a large chainsaw with a guide bar estimated at 20 inches is ideal for this job.
Additionally, be aware of the weight of the saw when making a pick. A strong yet heavy and huge chainsaw can really hinder your development or become risky, especially if you are climbing on a stepping stool or roof.
Differences Between Electric and Gas-powered Chainsaws in 2023
In 2023, the main differences between electric and gas-powered chainsaws are:
- Power source: Electric chainsaws run on electricity, typically from a corded connection to a power outlet or a battery. Gas-powered chainsaws run on gasoline.
- Portability: Electric chainsaws are generally more portable than gas-powered chainsaws because they do not have a fuel tank and are lighter. However, cordless electric chainsaws are limited by battery life.
- Maintenance: Electric chainsaws generally require less maintenance than gas-powered chainsaws, which need regular oil changes and other maintenance to keep the engine running smoothly.
- Noise: Electric chainsaws tend to be quieter than gas-powered chainsaws.
- Environmental impact: Electric chainsaws are generally considered more environmentally friendly than gas-powered chainsaws because they do not produce emissions.
- Power: Gas-powered chainsaws tend to have more power and cutting speed than electric chainsaws.
- Cost: Electric chainsaws tend to be less expensive than gas-powered chainsaws, but the cost of batteries or a corded connection must be factored in.
What Safety Features Are Standard on the Best Small Gas-powered Chainsaws
It is difficult for me to provide a specific list of safety features that will be standard on the best small gas-powered chainsaws in 2023 as new models and features are continually being developed and released. However, some common safety features found on chainsaws include:
-A hand guard to protect your hands from the chain
-A throttle lock-out to prevent accidental engagement of the throttle
-A brake or switch to stop the chain from moving when not in use
-A chain catcher to prevent the chain from flying back at the operator if it breaks
-A safety switch to prevent the saw from being started unintentionally
It’s always a good idea to check the product specifications and safety features before purchasing a chainsaw.
What Should You Not Do With a Chainsaw?
When using chainsaws try not to cut into the ground!
The bar is at risk of sinking to the ground if cut on or near the ground. When figuring out how to use a chainsaw safely, one of the first things you need to do is try to cut from the ground.
How Long Should a Chainsaw Chain be Sharp?
Assuming a chainsaw can probably be fitted once a year, it is rarely used, yet a device that is used frequently should be consistently respected to ensure that the edge is not too dull. After all, a chainsaw edge cut through wood effectively retains its sharpness for about 3 hours.
Which Brand Makes the Best Small Chainsaw?
It depends. Different brands are available in the marketplace. The features are different, as well as the pros and cons. So it would be best if you decided for yourself.
What It Takes: The Efficient Gas-Powered Chainsaw?
It actually does not take much to make an efficient chainsaw, which is gas-powered. You need to find out the unique features that make it different from others. You have to think about the pros and cons.
Keep in mind what results in you can get in just one stroke. How smooth the cut also does matter.
Last but not least, you should use protective equipment for yourself as we…
View Top 8 Small Gas Powered Chainsaws, Below
1. Husqvarna Small Gas Powered Chainsaws, Orange/Gray
- An ordinary chain tensioning system;
- An 18 inches long bar;
- Low kickback safety brake facilities;
- The exclusive X-Torq engine system;
- The dimension of the chainsaw: is 32 x 9.25 x 10.7 inches;
- Weight: 9.3 pounds.
The small chainsaw is Compact and well-designed so that it can be start-up easily. It has a low kickback safety brake to ensure enough safety during operation. This lightweight chainsaw delivers a super maneuvering process for trimming trees and limbs and other light tasks.
This gas-powered chainsaw has an X-Torq engine to decrease fuel expenses and emissions. It is easy to start, and operate, and a pretty smart tool to clean up a yard or garage in all seasons. This small gas-powered chainsaw is ideal for a homeowner to manage light tasks.
The super-automatic oiler gives a steady supply of chain lubrication for safe and proper use.
The oil contains a fuel stabilizer used to increase the engine life of chainsaws and maintain operating temperature and other conditions. The X-Guard bar and chain oil are essential for maximum cutting facilities and the longer life of tools. It reduces friction during the operating system.
- Easy for manoeuvring;
- Not overweight;
- Safe enough;
- Very simple to operate;
- The chain quickly lost its sharpness sometimes.
2. ECHO Gas Powered Chainsaw
- The dimension of the chainsaw: is 12 x 10 x 10 inches;
- Weight: 0.01 ounces;
- 26.9 cc professional-grade, 2-stroke oil engine for super performance;
- 12” inches long bar;
- Side access chain tensioner for fast chain set- up;
- The Capacity of the gas fuel tank: 8.1 oz;
- A gas anti-vibration handle.
The echo gas-powered chainsaw has broadly used the chainsaw for cutting trees, making the branches smaller and thinner easily. The chainsaw is both powerful and lightweight, and can easily be used by the left and right hand without any difficulties.
When you can’t use a heavy chainsaw for many hours for trimming trees or branches, this small gas-powered chainsaw provides a fantastic job to cut clean. The chainsaw was easy to carry up in the tree for a longer period.
An automatic chain oiler is used to lower oil consumption. The single-hand operation of a small gas-powered chainsaw is good for fast work and usually cleans up on the job.
- Very small size;
- Easy to carry;
- Simple operating process;
- More reliable;
- Great performance.
- Not suitable for cutting big stuff.
3. Husqvarna Small Gas Powered Chainsaw, Orange
- The dimension of the chainsaw: is 16.4 x 9 x 11.4 inches;
- Weight: 5.67 pounds;
- A 38cc 16-inches long bar and chain;
- 2-cycle engine having inertia started chain brake;
- A normal chain tensioning system;
- Having an orange Husqvarna chainsaw bar cover and 2. 6 ounces 2 cycle fuel;
- The Husqvarna chainsaw has an x-torque engine.
The gas-powered chainsaw is made for the homeowner who needs a lightweight and effective tool to use near the yard. It has a 2-cycle engine with a chain brake for precaution while it is operated. The long, sharp chain and bar provide better services for trimming the trees.
The air injection centrifugal air cleaning process is used to keep larger dust & debris substances from reaching the air filter to maintain a good engine life. The anti-vibrational system lowers vibration levels for an easy and flexible chainsaw operation.
An automatic chain oiler supplies a steady supply of oil for the bar and chain to maintain safe and significant chainsaw use. It helps to reduce friction and give optimal cutting performance.
- Safer for use;
- Very Lightweight;
- Good Maneuverability;
- Easy to handle;
- Great cutting performance;
- Not perfect for the heavy stuff.
4. Remington Small Gas Powered Chainsaw 14-Inch Bar
- A sturdy 42cc full crank 2 cycle engine;
- 14-Inch long bar and low-kickback chain;
- Low-weight stable poly chassis;
- A 3-point anti-vibration system with a wrapped handle;
- A side-mounted screw chain tensioning system;
- Dimension of chainsaw: 27.5 x 9.75 x 11.25 inches;
- Weight: 13.4 pounds.
The Remington gas-powered chainsaw is manufactured to be reliable and easy to use for all. It is widely used for outdoor yard tasks, small tree trimming to whipping an overgrown garden into shape.
The 14-inch bar and low-kickback chain are suitable for cutting small to medium-sized branches for a longer time with great performance.
The die-cast chassis and pro-grade build components of this chainsaw make it a perfectly designed, dependable, and durable machine. The anti-vibration system with the ergonomically-designed handle lowers the vibration level during work and user fatigue by providing increased control and maneuverability.
A side-mounted tensioning system ensures quick chain adjustments while working and reduces time-wasting. The auto oiler system maintains the proper lubrication system and helps to keep the chain sharp. It also maintains an easy and smooth cutting job.
- Super maneuvering;
- Very lightweight;
- Simple to operate;
- Give comfort;
- More durable chainsaw.
- Not suitable for cutting heavy stuff.
5. CRAFTSMAN 16-Inch Gas Powered Chainsaw
- High efficient 42cc full crank 2 cycle engine;
- A long 16-inches bar and chain;
- A stable die-cast chassis;
- Full-wrapped handle with anti-vibration system;
- A side-access adjustable tensioning system;
- Dimension of chainsaw: 28.5 x 9.75 x 11.25 inches;
- Weight: 15.22 pounds.
The durable 42cc full crank 2 cycle engine supplies greater power and lowers the vibration and longer life of the chainsaw. It has an 18-Inches bar and chain to cut through small and medium trees and other heavy works. The chain brake provides safety and protection from sudden accidents.
The anti-vibration system with a cushioned wrap handle provides flexibility and reduces vibration and user fatigue with a highly maneuvering system.
The auto oiler system of the chainsaw monitors the perfect amount of lubricant on the chain and helps to increase the chain sharpness to ensure the saw cuts smoothly and safely. Tool-free access to the spark plug and air filter provides fast and easy access to clean up for easy maintenance.
- Super maneuvering;
- Safe for users;
- Easy to maintain;
- Highly reliable;
- Very comfortable.
- No cons found.
6. Poulan Pro 20 inches Small Gas Powered Chainsaw
- The dimension of the chainsaw: are 12 x 16 x 11.8 inches;
- Weight: 17 pounds;
- Equipped with Powerful 50cc 2- cycle engines;
- Side access tensioning system;
- 20” inches long kickback bar and chain;
- Ergonomic design with an updated anti-vibration system.
The Poulan pro gas chainsaw is designed with the Oxy power engine technology for getting extra power to accomplish tasks. This advanced technology reduces 70% of emissions and 20% fuel consumption. An energy-saving pull starting system is used to lower 30% forces and wear on the starter mechanism for an easy starting.
It is featured with the Soft Start, purge, and integrated choke/stop controls system for a fast, easy start and reducing the possibility of engine damage. The combi tool is fused to the back handle for easy maintenance and handling.
There are simple handling and preservation with convenient facet alter chain tensioning alongside smooth access clips on the cylinder cover for fast access to filter out and spark plug.
- Easy for a start-up;
- Very reliable;
- Super performance;
- Easy for maintenance;
- Safe for the user;
- Sometimes the chain becomes loose.
7. Husqvarna 16 Inches Small Gas Powered Chainsaw
- A 16 inches long bar and chain with 9000 rpm power speed;
- A 2-cycle engine that includes an inertia-activated chain brake;
- An automatic chain oiler tank;
- A normal side-access chain tensioning process;
- Dimension of chainsaw: 37 x 9 x 11 inches;
- Weight: 9.8 pounds.
The small gas chainsaw has an x-cut chain and x-force chainsaw, ideal for house chores activities as a reliable workhorse. It is a lightweight, effective all-around chainsaw that is very simple to use.
A 2- cycle engine and chain brake system are used for safety while it is operating. An automatic chain oiler provides oil for the chain and bar for fast, safe, and smooth cuts of the tree. To avoid difficulties of chain adjustment, a side-mounted chain tensioning system is available here.
The X-Torq engine is attached for reducing fuel consumption and emission levels.
- Easy to use;
- Super cutting performance;
- Easy to maneuver;
- Less weight;
- Safe for use;
- More durable.
- It may be overheated sometimes.
8. Echo 20″ Timber Wolf Gas Chainsaw
- 59.8cc professional-grade, 2-stroke engine system for high performance;
- An automatic oiler is used for lower oil utilization;
- A 20″ inches long sharp bar;
- Decompression valve to tug the starter rope;
- Weight: 0.01 ounces;
- Dimension of chainsaw: 20 x 13 x 11 inches;
The echo timber wolf chainsaw is highly effective with 2 stroke engines for great cutting performance. The automatic oiler system is available for decreased oil consumption. The innovative clutch-driven oiler system lubricates the chain and bar to reduce friction while operating.
It has a decompression valve that works for releasing pressure to make it easier to start the motor when pulling on the starting rope.
- Easy to start;
- More efficient;
- Affordable price;
- Not overweight;
- More maneuver;
- The plastic guard can crack sometimes.
Most ranchers use electric chainsaws these days. But the power and energy of gas-powered chainsaws are something to the next level. A small shaped tool is easy to carry and use.
Assuming you actually need to cut larger logs, the Husqvarna 120 Mark is our beloved gas-powered chainsaw in the 16-inch classification. Its bright ergonomic comfort is included and used safely and without fail. Although it is certainly more expensive, it earns every dollar of that cost.
Please read the article from top to bottom to learn about your desired product and grab it up!
You Might Also Like:
- Best Beginner Chainsaws for Maximum Convenience
- 7 Best Husqvarna Chainsaws Ever Made
- Professional Chainsaws for Cutting Firewood
About This Writer
Hello, I am David Rowan. I am a professional contractor with 10 years of experience in home building, different tools used, construction, home remodeling, and other home improvement work. I have already built many custom homes and continued to do several woodworking projects along with how to deal with all categories of tools.